Intrepid Spirit Center Eglin Air Force Base
The Intrepid Spirit Center (ISC) Eglin AFB provides holistic, patient-centered interdisciplinary traumatic brain injury (TBI) and brain health care, research, and education for Department of Defense (DOD) beneficiaries.
It officially opened its doors on 24 August 2020, and is a proud Member Site of the Defense Intrepid Network for TBI and Brain Health (Defense Intrepid Network)
The ISC Eglin AFB team works with the service member and their family to develop a treatment plan to return the service member to the highest possible level of function in their work, home, family and community.
How to Make an Appointment
Primary Care Manager referral is required.
ISC Eglin Air Force Base provides TBI and brain health care to Active Duty Service Members utilizing the Intrepid Network’s holistic, patient-centered interdisciplinary model of care. This includes: traditional rehabilitation, medical, neurological, and behavioral health services combined with integrative health interventions and skills-based training.
Critical to this model is a co-located team at each site which expedites diagnostic evaluations and delivers a collaborative individualized treatment plan.
Clinical programs offered by ISC Eglin Air Force Base include:
The TBI Program provides diagnostic evaluation, treatment, and follow-up care for TBI of all severities. Tailored treatment plans are created with patient, family, and provider input that focuses on the mind, body, and spirit. Patients learn self-management skills to increase resilience, manage symptoms, and enhance their well-being long-term.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (start: April 2023)
The Intensive Outpatient Program or IOP is a multi-week interdisciplinary program for patients diagnosed with TBI and associated health conditions. Tailored treatment plans are created with patient, family, and provider input that focuses on the mind, body, and spirit. Patients learn self-management skills to increase resilience, manage symptoms, and enhance their well-being long-term.
Clinical services and specialties provided by ISC Eglin Air Force Base include:
Behavioral Health Services
- Psychology (Neuropsychology and Clinical Psychology)
- Social Work
- Primary Care Coordinator
Integrative Health Services
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Pain Management
- Speech-Language Pathology
Clinical Support Services
- Creative Arts Therapies (Art Therapy and Music Therapy)
- Transcutaneous electrical and magnetic therapies
- Brain Mapping and qEEG Neurofeedback
- Access to yoga and chiropractic services
- Case Management
- TBI Portal for Clinical Care Management
ISC Eglin Air Force Base provides a multitude of patient and family and staff education opportunities including the following:
- Patient/Family Education (Individual/Groups)
- Brain Injury Awareness Month campaign
- Classes/activities for spouses (caregivers)
- Staff Education through the military treatment facility, regional, and national training and educational opportunities
- Outreach and community partnerships
ISC Eglin Air Force Base does the following research activities which help to sharpen understanding of the effects of traumatic brain injury (TBI) and associated health conditions:
- Support to MDG Research
- Multiple studies in support of Graduate Medical Education (Medical, Nursing, Dental)
- Research Symposium
- Collaboration with Other Agencies (NAVAL EOD)