Everyone reacts to stress and traumatic experiences differently. While some have reactions that can be seen as normal responses to life events, others may experience signs or symptoms of more serious conditions.
Mental health and substance misuse conditions can affect anyone; you are not alone
. The Military Health System has many resources available to help those who need it.
If you or someone you know needs support now, call or text 988 or chat at 988Lifeline.org
. 988 connects you with a trained crisis counselor who can help.
Eglin AFB Mental Health Services
Our facility offers the following mental health services:
- Individual Mental Health and Substance Misuse treatment for active duty service members
- Group Mental Health and Substance Misuse treatment for active duty service members
- Psychiatry services for active duty service members
- Same-day walk-in services for acute mental health needs and safety evaluations
- Special Duty Evaluations
- Pre-deployment Assessment and deployment waiver evaluations
- We also offer a variety of services through the Family Advocacy office for active duty service members and their families
The Eglin MHC and ADAPT Clinic are located on the second floor of the main hospital, next to Optometry. We work with the Intrepid Spirit Center, Primary Care Behavioral Health, Sexual Assault Prevention Response program, Military Family Life Consultants, and chaplain teams.
What TRICARE Covers
TRICARE covers medically and psychologically necessary mental health and substance use care. This includes both inpatient and outpatient care.
TRICARE covers off-base referrals for active duty service members and their dependents.
Getting Mental Health Care
See a Complete List of Covered Services