Pharmacy services is one of the most convenient benefits for our patients. Prescription medications may be obtained at our pharmacies at no cost. Beneficiaries may also receive medications using TRICARE Home Delivery or a TRICARE Network Pharmacy. Use the TRICARE Formulary Search Tool to look up your medication. A search can tell you:
- Formulary status (generic drug, brand-name drug, non-formulary drug, non-covered drug)
- Where prescriptions can be filled
- Copayments and limitations
- Coverage review requirements and forms, such as prior authorizations
- Alternative medications, including costs
To ensure accurate dispensing of medication, technology guides the pharmacy staff at each step in the prescription filling process, minimizing the potential for human error while also reducing wait times. To help with this initiative, we recommend you request your off-base provider to send prescriptions electronically to “DOD Eglin Pharmacy.”
Our pharmacies process nearly 53,000 prescriptions a month. Due to the high volume of pharmacy visitors, we recommend beneficiaries become familiar with our procedures and routines. Simple measures, such as having your off-base provider send your prescriptions electronically to “DOD Eglin Pharmacy,” using Q-Anywhere to activate your new prescriptions and using the automated call-in refill service to process your refills, will minimize delays and keep operations moving as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Prescription Activation for New Prescriptions
Please note prescriptions are NOT automatically filled after a provider places an order. It’s the patient’s responsibility to activate medications for the pharmacy to fill.
To expedite processing of your off-base prescriptions, ask your provider to send your prescriptions electronically to “DOD Eglin Pharmacy.”
- Text (for new, on- and off-base prescriptions): Skip the line with Q-Anywhere! To use the Q-Anywhere service, text “Get in Line” to 833-274-5398 and follow the prompts. Learn more here.
- In person (for new, on-base prescriptions): Pull a ticket at one of the hospital pharmacy kiosks.
- Phone Call (for new, on- and off-base prescriptions): Available 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. at 850-883-8000. You’ll receive a text notification once your prescriptions are ready for pickup. If you’ve not received pickup notifications from us before, please call 850-883-8000 to opt into the notification system.
To request refills, call our automated refill line at 850-883-8160. Follow the prompts and select the location option for where you would like to pick up your refills:
- Eglin Satellite Drive-thru
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- BX Scriptcenter,
- Hours and Location: Monday-Saturday, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m., and Sundays 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., located in the Main Base Exchange
- When: Prescriptions called in before 11:59 p.m. on Wednesdays will be ready for pickup the following Thursday at 1 p.m.
- Residents of the Air Force Enlisted Village (Hawthorne House and Bop Hope Village) should select this option, so your prescriptions can be delivered to you. Please contact your courier to have your name included on the pickup list.
Before visiting our drive-thru, please wait to receive a notification that your prescriptions are ready for pickup. If you have not received pickup notifications from us before, please call 850-883-8000 to opt into the notification system.
Prescriptions are returned to stock, if not picked up within 7 calendar days
How to enroll in the Scriptcenter for your first time
- Order prescriptions on the prescription refill line at 850-883-8160 and select your preferred Scriptcenter location as your pickup location.
- At the Scriptcenter kiosk, select “enroll.” To complete enrollment, you will need one of your MHS Genesis prescription numbers that is currently loaded into the Scriptcenter and ready for pickup. Follow the enrollment directions on the kiosk. *Call the pharmacy at 850-883-8000 if you need your MHS GENESIS prescription number*
- Review your prescriptions to pick up, sign, and complete your transaction.
For quick access, link your military ID card when you enroll in the Scriptcenter.